What is limit, market, stop order?
There are three types of orders on CoinDeal Derivatives:
- A limit order is an order to buy or sell for a specific price. Unless the price determined by you is available on the market, your order won’t get filled. Meaning that it will be added to the order book and wait for a counterparty on the market. This type of order gives you a chance to buy/sell assets at a specific price or better.
- A market order is a buy or sell order to be executed immediately at the current market prices. It allows you to enter/exit position In the quickest and most dependable way.
- A stop order is an order that is triggered when a specified price becomes available. You can use two types of stop order:
- Stop-limit when the stop price is reached, the stop-limit order becomes a limit order to buy or sell at the specified price or better.
- Stop-market when the stop price is reached, the Stop-market order becomes a market order to buy or sell at the best available price.
Note: Stop-price can be either Mark price or Index price.